Saturday, September 25, 2010

i sleep in mom's room every night.

wow what an eventful two days i had.. woof!!

yesterday my mommy noticed i wasnt eating well (refused to eat my breakfast), ate more of my lunch but still had leftovers and no dinner for me too. and for some reason i was lazy to play, didn't respond to my name and just wanted to lie around all day. i was walking around like a cat too - with my back all arched and all. grrr....

today my symptoms continued so my mommy and grandma decided to take me to the vet coz they were so worried. WOOF! finally they got my point!! mommy quickly called the vet they took me to last saturday for my 3rd vaccine (animal recovery centre @ tampines) and quickly made an appointment at 11am. whew! i was such a good boy, i went inside my doggy carrier quietly without even trying to escape. mommy cradled me in her arms the entire journey there and sang me gospel songs. my favourite song is 'pass it on'. it never fails to calm me down. 

after grandma parked the car mommy pointed out a schnauzer in the van a few cars away from us. the window was slightly down so he had air and he was playing inside. mommy tried to get me to say hi but i was so sick i just wanted to STAY IN MY CARRIER. why cant humans understand that I AM SICK??

at the vet, we had to wait quite a well coz a little kitty was admitted for an emergency. grandma overheard that he even had to get his blood drained!! gasps!! poor kitty.. i hope hes ok! i dont understand why people say cats and dogs are natural enemies? ANYWAY... we met a huge lab at the vet today. hes 11 years old and his name is lakota. what a handsome dog! but i was too scared to play with him. i was shivering in my carrier. mommy and grandma talked to the mommy for the lab. they taked for so long and mommy didnt talk to me at all! sniff sniff.. so i took revenge by drooling all over her. heh heh heh..... lakota was the pet patient before us and he was in and out in less than 5 minutes for an arthritis jab. hope he gets better and that i'd meet him after im all better!

finally, after a 45min wait, i could see the doc. i was so scared i didnt wanna come out of my carrier. and when mommy carried me out, i was SHIVERING!!!!!!!! mommy held me close and sang me songs while doc was examining me....... and did i hear something about..... a..... JAB?!?!?!?!?!?

yes i did!!!!! after diagnosing me with some stomach problems, i was given a jab which caused me to bark. poor mommy cried after hearing me cry. could hear my grandma laughing at her though..... but i thinkn the jab worked coz i feel SO MCUH BETTER! doctor prescribed some good bacteria, antibiotics (for my cough - stupid kennel!!), some appetite stimulator and a prescribed diet for me. mommy thinks my prescribed diet smells much nicer than my science diet pet food. she said abt it smelling like luncheon meat. hehe.

though i didnt finish my lunch after coming home from the vet, i did finish my dinner!! and im back to my playful self. my ringworms have more or less healed too. Praise God!

my mommy is wondering..... 
does pet recovery centre charge higher fees compared to other vets?

she paid 150$ for my first visit (3rd vaccine, consultation, deworming pill, ringworm cream and pills)
and 120$ today (consultation, jab to ease the pain in my gut, good bacteria, appetite stimulator and antibiotics)

oh well, the vet and nurse are SO FRIENDLY! woof! bye every paw-friend! time for me to go chew my blankie

1 comment:

  1. awwww.. i hope ure feeling better alrdy snuffles!!! you must take care so we can go out and playyy!!! =)))

    ReplyDelete